Believe it or not bacon wrapped hot dogs are already a crime and violators can be arrested. I also love this outlawed food. There are many ways to cook bacon but grilling it is an arrestable offense (www.laweekly.com/2008-02-07/eat-drink/the-hot-dog-so-good-it-sillegal).
I had to do something and I couldn't let another one of my favorite foods become outlawed, so I showed up to the protest armed with a camera and set out to change an unjust law. Apparently many others had the same idea and eventually the law was overturned (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/ucla-law-students-help-taco-truck-operators-overturn-la-ordinance.html). No matter how big or small you feel your issue is it is important to stand up and fight for something you believe in. You can make a difference. And next time you eat a taco you may be reminded why it is important to stand up and fight.
My top ten favorite taco establishments in no particular order in Los Angeles:
(restaurants and taco trucks)
- The Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada, 1650 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- La Estrella Taco Truck, York and Ave 54, Los Angeles, CA 90042
- Daniel's Tacos, 7956 Vineland Ave, Sun Valley, CA 91353
- Tacos La Fonda, Corner of Vanowen and Vineland, In the carwash parking lot, North Hollywood, CA 91617
- King Taco, 4504 E 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90022 (many locations in southern California)
- Tacos Por Favor, 1406 Olympic Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- El Big Taco, 7427 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91405
- El Parian, 1528 Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015
- El Chato, At the intersection of Olympic and La Brea after 8:30pm
- Taco Nazo, 9516 Garvey Ave.,South El Monte, CA 91733 (Awesome Fish Tacos)
What would you put on your list?